[CQ-Contest] Check in Sweepstakes

Mike K9MI k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 9 08:35:53 EST 2006

The only time I ran into a problem, was when I tried to get some club
members interested in SS. Not a lot of luck, but I think I had one guy one
year, and another the next before deciding it wasn't worth the trouble, and
had my own hf station again.

In that instance, I wanted to use the club call of W9VCF, but I was unable
to find out when W9VCF (SK many years) was first licensed, or when the club
actually started, which was sometime in the 50's. So, we just used mine (79)
and there was never a problem with it. I think I even contacted Dan
Henderson about it at the time. He agreed that 79 was the best we could do,
since I was the control operator.

73, Mike K9MI