[CQ-Contest] Check in SS

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 9 10:35:05 EST 2006

Rather than wonder about it, I asked "the Desk".  Nobody checks with FCC and you won't be DQ'd for the wrong check in SS.

Next subject?

de Hans, K0HB

Hi Hans,
Many amateurs like to let others know when they were first licensed. The exchange during the SS gives them an opportunity to do so. There are, however, many folks out there that don't remember what that date was or choose not to divulge it for personal reasons. That's OK. For log checking purposes it is important to use the same check number during the entire contest.

73,
Tom Hogerty, KC1J
ARRL Contests