[CQ-Contest] why Unlimited [aka Assisted]?

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Thu Nov 9 23:37:11 EST 2006

HI Paul,
I think the crux of Doug's question centres around the fact that packet is
NOT an advantage, given K1TTT's analysis of SO and SO-distracted scores and
how badly the SO-distracted guys get beat.

I think at the highest levels, ops choose SO-A (OK, I'll stop being snide
now) to give them a different pond in which to be the big fish.

K6LL doesn't choose U in SS because he wants to use spots. I asked him: his
response was that from an Arizona city lot, he's never going to beat the big
boys in B, not just WP3R but also K5TR and W5WMU and the like.

He's won U now for quite a while.

His parting comment was funny: "After all, who wants to be 'LIMITED?'

73, kelly
ve4xt