[CQ-Contest] Earth to Ev ....

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 23:55:37 EST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com

> begin to document this sort of thing for all eyes to see.

Ev, it baffles me that you think all this stuff is somehow secret.

1. Anyone can look up years of cq-contest content in the archives
2. Anyone can subscribe to this reflector and participate
3. Anyone can phone the ARRL or email them and ask them
    anything they want, and get an answer, like Hans did.

Hi Mark,
I don't think that the information is secret.  I think that it is "hidden in plain site" and scattered in many nooks and crannies.  Having a common, authoritative location to look would serve us all well (including providing some organizational memory to the sponsor as contest staff change over the years).

Regards,
Ev

By the way...

In regard to Item 1 and Item 2, list-comments that appear to be "official" are often simply opinion.  Unless you know the individuals who are commenting (and the official authority they have), it is impossible to know how much weight to give to the comments when you find them during a search.

In regard to Item 3, the point was that *Hans* got the answer.  No one here would have known the answer except that he copied it to the list.  Being a security guy, I immediatly thought "gee...what if he spoofed the source?"  Absurd, I know...but it crossed my mind.

Anyway...all of these issues evaporate if a sponsor were to host a rules/interpretatoins blog.