[CQ-Contest] Check in SS

Stuart Santelmann KC1F kc1f at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 10 13:11:52 EST 2006

 > After 40-plus years of SS I have a lot of people's Checks memorized. I'm
sure I'm not alone in that.

> Jim Cain, K1TN/9, CK 61
> __

Same here.  This is about the silliest thread I can ever remember on this
reflector.  Why not just send your real check ??  What contester who is
serious enough to subscribe to this reflector can't remember when they were
first licensed ?  If you're so worried about the competitive advantage a
certain check gives you, you'd be better off putting up more antennas.
People's actual check is part of the nostalgia about the SS, which is after
all the oldest contest.  So let's screw it up by messing with the most
nostalgic part of the exchange...

Stu  KC1F        WN1LKX 1969-70, WA1LKX 1970-1977, AA1LKX 1976, K1UA
1977-1980