[CQ-Contest] 4 digit CK in SS coming???

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Sat Nov 11 11:07:20 EST 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 06:32:20AM -0800, Eric Hilding wrote:

> Sorry, but no!  W1MX sent me a CK of 09.  I think I had some other
> very early-Century entries as well.

> Umh, I think we have a "situation" more rapidly approaching here that may require change to a 4 digit CK in SS.

 In SS 2009 W1MX and other OT's (or OT Club Stations in this example) licensed in 1909 will not be distinguished from new SS ops/stations that are "first licensed" in 2009. Year after year the situation will worsen.

Why will this matter?

I really do not see the problem here.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR