[CQ-Contest] Logs wanted for Super Check Partial Database (fornextupdate Nov 19)

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Sun Nov 12 02:51:46 EST 2006

I guess it all depends how you balance convenience vs paranoia.

I ask for logs after each contest because I get more responses when people
have the contest fresh on their mind and are submitting their logs.  It is
OK with me if the logs come sooner or later, as long as I eventually get
enough.  :)

The logs I receive are used by an automated program that creates the master
database files.  These master files include logs from many contests over a 2
year period.  So the log data is obscured by the time it is public.

Yes, there is always the possiblity that someone could use the scp files to
check their log before the submission deadline.  I worry about this, but not
much I can do about it. It is a form of cheating that has no place in the
honor based sport of radio contesting.  Personally, I send my log in within
a few days of the contest being over.  More important things to do in life
than try to save 1 or 2 QSOs in a multi-thousand QSO log!

More about SCP at www.k5zd.com/scp

Randy, K5ZD