[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!

Paul T. Antos wb2abd at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 18 09:52:20 EST 2006

"   I just happened to be listening on my second radio when the CQ'er got the
unsolicited info about the VY1 up 7.  I go up 7 and work him.  Am I
"assisted" now, too?
This is getting (already?) ridiculous.
Paul K1PT  "

And... I came across this pileup that wasn't there when I tuned through that frequency a few minutes ago. Somebody spotted the VY1 on TelePacket. So I benefit from the "up 7",  not having heard that nor was I connected  to the cluster in any way.

Before you dismiss this as being "unassisted", I recall at least one post  ( within the last couple of years) on this Reflector where it was claimed that if you're in the pileup, you got the spot off the cluster. I also recall not seeing any dissenting response to it.

Ok , I've used my allotment of six posts per year

Paul  WB2ABD