[CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 18 09:55:10 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 23:35, Mike Fatchett wrote:
> probably toast.  So is posting your section/mult as someone could use that
> to fix a busted qso later in the contest or even look to see if a specific
> section/mult was on that weekend.

This information is also present in super check partial databases, which
in most cases are generated from other people's logs - which use the
assistance of other operators.[0]  Should use of super check partial
with multipliers and/or checks reclassify one as a multiop?

For that matter, my section also appears at the bottom of every email I
send.  If you read this message, your SS operation this weekend must be
in category M.  [1]

If it's decided that live scoreboards should not display band breakdowns
during the contest, [2] they could be programmed to continue to collect
the breakdowns but not display them until after the contest.  Kinda like
the 3830 breakdowns but faster.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66

[0] my super check partial database is based only on my own logs.
[1] no, I'm not serious.
[2] I have no opinion one way or the other.