[CQ-Contest] intentional QRMing rare ones - SS SSB

Mike Fatchett mike at mallardcove.com
Mon Nov 20 15:44:53 EST 2006

I heard that same guy.  I finally managed to work VY1MB around him.  I never
heard him doing the same with NH6P.  NH6P was much louder.  It seemed odd to
me too.

I had my own personal qrm issue.  I was on 75m and just finished a nice run
and moved something on the desk.  I started calling CQ a couple of seconds
later and a guy comes back and said he was using the frequency.  I thought
he has moved down in the short time I was not xmitting.  I told him I had
been using the frequency for a couple of hours.  I moved off and looked at
the log entries and found out that the vfo had been moved.  Turns out we
were only about 1.5 kc away from each other.  As soon as I figured it out I
went back and apologized.  The OP was real nice and laughed...and said they
were just having a good time and not to worry about it.  The other station
was W1AW.

Of course I was chased out the coveted DX window and the AM calling
frequency on 75.  I didn't hear the same guy that harassed a bunch of us
last year in the "dx window".  I heard one guy respond, "So where is the DX
Window going to be once the new allocations take effect."

Mike W0MU