[CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window

N7MAL N7MAL at CITLINK.NET
Wed Nov 22 03:11:30 EST 2006

Bud that was a reply right on the money. Thank you. I have received several
emails criticizing me and asking me to define the holes in the band I've
been referring to for SS & CQWWSSB. I am a contester, if I can fit my signal
in a space it's a hole. A 2khz space is a big hole. There were many of those
holes in SS  on 80m and on 40m during CQWWSSB. I hope that clarifies my
definition of a hole.
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley
  Cc: cq-contest at contesting.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 13:29
  Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window
  Kelly Taylor wrote:

  >...I offer the following thoughts on band plans
  >from the very ARRL whose rules Mal is basing his argument upon:
  >
  >You'll note that it comes down very clearly in favour of 'reasonable'
  >accomodation of contest activity contrary to band plans, calling
frequencies
  >and, by extension, DX windows.

  Kelly, you may be technically correct and "win" that battle here on this
  (contest-oriented) reflector, but everyone blindly following that advice
  will help contesters lose the more important war of public opinion.  If
  contesters *don't* make some attempt to leave open spaces, we'll
  *totally* offend every other operating segment out there!

  I remember the "good ole days" when we didn't start domestic CW contests
  below 3.530, 7.030, 14.030, etc.  So today we're "unable" to do what we
  did a few decades ago, even with all the better technology (narrower RX
  filters, etc.) at our disposal?   Doesn't speak well of us, to my mind.

  Bud, W2RU