[CQ-Contest] Consistent or not [was: ZoneProp REMINDER]

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 26 08:56:37 EST 2006

----- Original Message ----

> well, they ALL need to be consistent in their rulings.

No, they don't.  And I wouldn't want them to be.  Each baseball league defines things a little bit different.  Each golf league, each sailing organization, different auto race organizations have different rules, etc, etc, etc...

Consistancy comes in two flavors: inter-sponsor and intra-sponsor.

While I was taken to task for saying so before, I will repeat what I said (and further amplify Dave's comments above).  Each sponsor runs their own event.  Participants play by those event rules -- which are different from one sponsor to another, and from one event to another by the same sponsor.  If it's a CQ contest, then check with the CQ folks; if it's an ARRL contest, check with them, etc.  It's another way of saying what Dave said above.  However...

I believe that the originally quoted posting inferred that an individual sponsor needs to be consistant in the way that they interpret and apply their own rules.  This is something that I agree with as well.  History has proven this to be problematic.

Ev, W2EV