[CQ-Contest] The Value of Spotting Networks [was: Live Audio from K5ZD !!!!]

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 20:03:01 EST 2006

------------------------------
Reality is that I was SO HP assisted and made 40 mults more but 900 less qsos that running SOHP no packet and also  1 million points better that with packet.

This is a "diamond" that the most experienced HF contesters on the list have repeated time-and-again.

I have a feeling that it simply takes lower-scoring stations longer to realize this truth and abandon spotting networks.

Even so, one wonders how long it will take for someone to establish a strategy where they can take advantage of those extra 40 mults while not giving up those 900 other QSO's along the way (or is this the potential of SO2R/Assisted? <smile>).

Ev, W2EV