[CQ-Contest] The Value of Spotting Networks [was: Live Audio from K5ZD !!!!]

Paul J. Piercey p.piercey at nl.rogers.com
Tue Nov 28 07:56:45 EST 2006

I concede that a single op watching the cluster is, in all likelihood, not
going to win a contest. God knows I have never won a contest doing that :)

I contend that ops use the cluster for the "perceived" advantage that the
individual op hopes to gain. Maybe it's getting the sweep in SS.... maybe
it's getting new countries on various bands in CQWW. Whatever it is, it is
entirely their decision based on what they want to get out of it. When
you're watching a monitor screen instead of working stations, you're not
winning.

73 -- Paul VO1HE