[CQ-Contest] Assisted - still trying to get it right

Ted Bryant w4nz at comcast.net
Wed Nov 29 06:54:24 EST 2006

While we are nit-picking this subject to death, let me add another nit:

As someone on this reflector pointed out well before this contest season began, there is an
editorial flaw in the CQ WW Contest rules. Doug accurately quotes the rule below, BUT...there is no
such category as SINGLE OPERATOR ASSISTED in the CQ WW. There is: "SINGLE OPERATOR HIGH", "SINGLE
OPERATOR LOW", "QRP" and "SINGLE OPERATOR WITH DX SPOTTING NET". The latter, I would imagine is
intended as the "ASSISTED" category (although I wouldn't presume anything at this point in this
discussion ;-)). Check it out.

Contest Committee??

73, Ted W4NZ