[CQ-Contest] The Value of Spotting Networks

Art Searle W2NRA w2nra at optonline.net
Wed Nov 29 16:53:56 EST 2006

Hi Paul

You wrote: "If you're just jumping . . ."

What do you mean me?  I don't do this!  I'm was just making the point that
you could do this.  I get enough UBNs due to my poor antennas and weak
received signals, especially on 40, 80 & 160.  But I believe that a serious
effort that combines quickly jumping through the band map for multipliers
and careful tuning will benefit your score.  Please take what I say with a
grain of salt.  I am not a serious contester.  I just play.  My biggest
problem is the lack of "in the chair time."  And like you said careful
tuning got me some weak mults, that had they been spots, I could not have
competed in the pileups.

73 Art W2NRA