[CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Wed Oct 4 01:40:09 EDT 2006

(Re-threaded)

Syl, VE5ZX, wrote:

> The club station was quite an active contest station through the 1960s/70s.
> Hmmmm - I guess I am getting up there in contest participation years too :)

Perhaps it might help better motivate all of us to take more action to recruit new Contesters into the fold if event Sponsors would start requiring "Age" with the log submissions and include same in published results (excepting YL's & XYL's, of course :-)

Being able to do some statistical sorts & analysis should boldly confirm year by year that Contesting as we know it is on more of a fast track to extinction than most realize...unless a heck of a lot of "new blood" is recruited and elemered ASAP.

IMHO & 73...

Rick, K6VVA
"Age 62" and considerably more aware (daily) of how fast time is not passing, but RUSHING by ;-(