[CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 10:18:01 EDT 2006

Depends on where you are looking... Contestors always were a small fraction of total hams...  The contest calendar I just looked at shows multiple contests  51 weekends a year...The Stu Perry is the new kid on the block and is going up in log count... TOEC last weekend sounded busy to me... The sprints seem to be gaining popularity.. Both ARRLDX and CQWW seem to be showing solid log counts, even at the bottom of a cycle...

denny / k8do