[CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Thu Oct 5 03:55:00 EDT 2006

Seems to me a relatively easy way to answer the question is to look not at
log submissions but at the overall number of individual callsigns, net of
uniques, appearing in the combined aggregate of all logs submitted.

If that number is going up, then contesting is not in decline. If that
number is going down, then it is, and Syl's postulation that log submissions
are on the rise only because it's easier holds true.

Log-checking gurus such as N6TR could probably come up with that analysis
fairly easily.

73, kelly
ve4xt