[CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 09:53:43 EDT 2006

--- Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w at cox.net> wrote:

> Well, that is oversimplifying matters by a large
> extent.  VHF contests are not the exclusive
> operating ground for technician class operators.

Of course, you are right.  The point that I was
attempting to make was that 1/2 of the amateur
population can't participate in an HF contest.  They
are not contributing to any increase there.  Likewise,
they are also not contributing to the VHF contesting
environment either.

I think that is significant.

Ev, W2EV