[CQ-Contest] SO2R TO GO

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Fri Oct 6 10:31:39 EDT 2006

(Re-threaded from Trending contest activity)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Richard, NN3W, wrote:

 > Are scores a really valid measure at this point?  While full scale SO2R has
 > been around for several years, the inclusion of ready to travel SO2R
 > technology and computerization has dramatically increased operator
 > efficiency.

Did someone say "SO2R TO GO" ?

Although my DXD and one TS-480S are out for repair (also need one more
music equipment porta-rack case and shelves), my small-footprint "ready to
travel SO2R" station is almost complete.

The mini-keyboard is being replaced with a mini-ERGO keyboard and I am
still QRX for the new Elecraft SO2R-ready auto-tune amp.  This will enable
zero latency remote site use and/or only require use of antennas for "Guest
Op" travel QRV with no need to learn someone else's equipment setup right
before a contest.

Core stuff:

2 - TS-480S TXRX's w/all filters
2 - Elecraft KRC2 Band Decocers (not seen)
2 - ICE 419A Bandpass Filters
1 - DXD SO2R Controller
1 - Array Solutions 6PAK
1 - Notebook computer (plus a spare backup)

A primary objective was to have minimal eye or hand movement to use both
TXRX's.  I may still mount the TS-480S control heads directly above the
keyboard on a custom moveable arm/mini-shelf.

http://www.k6vva.com/so2r/k6vva_so2r2go.jpg

Tnx to the Stellar SO2R on-air training examples by N6RO, K7NV & N6BV in
our NCCC SO2R CLINIC v1.0 DVD/Video, the goal of becoming a skilled SO2R
operator is in sight (when my Tendonitis situation is resolved).

More to follow when it's all complete, and a special Tnx to Jack, W6FB, for
KRC2 building and cabling assistance in the project.

FYI & 73...

RIck, K6VVA