[CQ-Contest] Contest Rules

Robert Chudek - KØRC k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Oct 8 12:34:52 EDT 2006

Mal,

I believe the California folks are leading the charge to implement the new 2x4 abbreviation list that makes all 3000+ USA counties unique. The new list creates a standard for all logging/contesting software authors to use. They won't have to constantly update county lists. The abbreviations will become consistent, like the DXCC countries list.

We're going through the same metamorphous as the Post Office when they decided to start using Zip Codes!

But look at it this way, you get more transmitting time with an extra letter to send.  :-)

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 1