[CQ-Contest] [Fwd: Re: 2006 Pa QSO Party Plans]

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 12:19:42 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 01:41, 4X4KF wrote:
> Mike, you have a point here, although I never failed with Cabrillo or
> cabrillo.
> Use ADIF . Most log Programs support ADIF. If not - they will.

ADIF is a lot more flexible than Cabrillo - can support a huge variety
of information fields - but that flexibility makes it a lot harder to
parse.

I receive the occasional ADIF entry in the TNQP.  Either I take the
extra step to run them through something that converts to Cabrillo, or I
do a whole pile of search-and-replaces to get it into a one-line-per-QSO
format with all the field tags removed.  Either way it's a pain.

A TRLog log.dat or NA .prn file would be a lot easier to deal with.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66