[CQ-Contest] Rare Canadian mults

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Tue Oct 17 20:10:37 EDT 2006

As a VE4, I can honestly say the answer to working VE4 is small, unmarked
bills. Lots of them.

;')

Seriously, however, as a VE4 who is often on in modest to serious efforts, I
will often find a spot high in the band and call CQ. When enough of those
CQs go unanswered, I either go S&P or go back to Sudoku.

So if you want to work us, answer us when we're calling CQ. Or, as Vic said,
point your beam in the general direction and work stations until one of them
is the mult you need.

I can't count the number of times I've answered somebody's CQ either to be
told "Gimme a sec while till I turn the beam your way" or "Who's the Kilo
Echo 4?" So use some of that beamwidth of yours and split the difference.
The east coast won't be down that much if you're pointed at VE2, but you'll
hear the VE4s and VE5s that much better...

Here are the VE4s you're most likely to run across any given contest:

ve4mm, ve4vv, ve4gv, ve4xt, ve4yu. There are others but these are the most
likely.

So if you hear a "Four Victor Victor" or a "Four Yankee United" pay a little
closer attention...

73, kelly
ve4xt