[CQ-Contest] SSB Sections in SS

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Wed Oct 18 19:14:18 EDT 2006

> I would think that the phonetics are more clear, and that
> they take one less translation step from ear to keyboard.
> But I'd like to hear what the "real" phone op's think.

First off, I'm not a 'real' phone op, Art, although I do play one from time
to time at K5NA or elsewhere.

Second, I highly recommend using the section acronym phonetically.  It's
easier to derive STX from Sierra Tango Xray than from South Texas.  Other
section acronyms out there are even more difficult to determine--e.g., San
Joaquin Valley.

73,
Dale, kg5u