[CQ-Contest] CT vs N1MM

Paul T. Antos wb2abd at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 19 21:59:11 EDT 2006

Although most of the comments about N1MM are true, I'm not too sure about the "geek" and "stability" issues. As a former TR user,  I really had to struggle to get used to getting things set up right. My cohort N2CU and my son KA2WIK ( the IT tech) had to deal with a lot of incessant badgering by yours truly. I freely admit to being a "deer in the headlights" when it comes to computers.

Bottom Line: When I can get things running without asking anybody for help, I  and my support group are really happy. It's N1MM for me.

And since everything works the way it's supposed to, I run a contest entirely from the keyboard. I might occasionally tweak a filter setting on the rig. I can fill the screen with exactly the windows I want. I could go on for a long time with what  like about it.

Paul WB2ABD  ( the last letter is Dee-yell-tahh ....) ( hey I don't have that problem on CW!)