[CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

k2kw-8 at adelphia.net k2kw-8 at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 21 09:24:03 EDT 2006

It's OK to have a Real Time Scoreboard in WRTC, but not OK for CQWW or other contests?

I agree with K1TTT, there is no real-time data that is usefull for a serious op, and surely would not alter my strategy.  I think the scoreboard brings a fun factor for many ops, including me.  For example, I don't generally get on for a lot of contests, yet I'm always looking at DX Summit just to see what band conditions are like, and I closely monitor 3830 reports to see who did well.  It would be fun to see how my buddies are doing real-time while I'm doing work around the house and take a quick break to see what's up.

K1TTT also makes the distinction that's important:  looking at the data  vs. sending the data.  At a minimum, sending data should be allowed by the SO, as they are not using the data themselves, but adding to the fun for others.

I see nothing wrong with the scoreboard, but if there's concern, limit the visible data to some extent.

Kenny K2KW