[CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

Guy Molinari guy_molinari at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 21 10:44:43 EDT 2006

K2KW wrote:
> K1TTT also makes the distinction that's important: looking at the data vs. sending the data. At a minimum, sending data should be allowed by the SO, as they are not using the data themselves, but adding to the fun for others.
Kenny,
    I think the committee see 2 problems.  First, ops looking at it might make tactical decisions based upon the data.   Second, posting to the system is deemed equivalent to a spot (and a self spot no less).   As you point out, this could be mitigated by limiting the data.   But it also limits the capabilities of the scoreboard and to some degree its novelty.

73 - Guy, N7ZG