[CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Sun Oct 22 01:56:55 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans K0HB" <k-zero-hb at earthlink.net>
To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

> K0RC says:
>
> > In the real world, every operator is certainly "assisted" in one manner
or another.

K0HB wrote:

> This definition may not strike a chord with everyone, but my definition of
"not assisted" is that all information (pertinent to the contest) is
gathered and developed by a single operator by his own on-the-air efforts
and observations during the course of the contest.    This definition would
obviously exclude spotting nets (packet, voice, or internet).

> I don't think it would exclude knowing the realtime score of other
participants, but it WOULD exclude detailed logs or other running summaries
which revealed hot bands, mults, or other "strategic intelligence" of other
participants.

> His wife bringing him snacks, the electric company delivering KWh, and the
ionosphere reflecting his signals (or not) would NOT put him in the assisted
category.

Hans, but operator's computer whose software was developed by many people
gives operator propagation predictions, keeps track of dupes and mults,
transmits CW and voice messages, calculates rate  and grey line and tells
the operator "...it is time to change the band..." Is it not indirect
assistace for a SO purist?
TIC...

73, Igor UA9CDC