[CQ-Contest] Assisted?

Guy Molinari guy_molinari at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 00:45:41 EDT 2006

Art, K3BU wrote:
> Your point about doing it right there in the Contest, where anybody else could hear you, makes it a little better, but there is still room for abuse. For example, I have five QRV hams within a few blocks of me. None are active in contests. How about if I encourage them to operate SS, and encourage them to build their multiplier total, and encourage them to be on 10M at certain times. Then, when I happen to work them on 10M, I happen to ask them if they have heard VY1 or DE or whatever. Would THAT be OK?> > (Secondary question -- If I do all the arranging before the contest, is it OK for me to get those guys to work me in SS CW? I could use the boost.)>
I was just browsing the NG3K contest operation announcement site.   I think this is a great tool for boosting enthusiasm, especially with the casual ops.   I notice that most of the postings have full call signs as well as the intended class.   Doesn't this amount to pre-contest game play and soliciting of Q's?  Especially with regard to single band operations.   Before the Internet, was there a similar hardcopy publication?

Sorry for taking this off on a tangent.

73 - Guy, N7ZG