[CQ-Contest] zero pointers

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 12:57:35 EST 2006

--- Rick Dougherty <nq4i at contesting.com> wrote:

 Its time for the contest
> committee from CQ to step to the plate and "do the
> right thing" its time for one point per qso in one's
> own country!!!
>
> 73 de NQ4I

I have thought this for years also.  Not sure why CQ
magazine won't allow you to work your own country,
unless they want to make sure that the USA doesn't win
the contest.

Along a related line, I tried to work another US
station on 15 meters saturday morning, and he wouldn't
work me.  He told me he couldn't work me.  I needed
him for the country multiplier, and the zone
multiplier.  I did work the zone later on with a VE
station, but never did get the US multiplier on 15-I
was very limited in operating time.  This was a big
contest station, so they should have known the rules
of the contest.

73s John W5TD