[CQ-Contest] zero pointers

Richard DiDonna NN3W nn3w at cox.net
Mon Oct 30 12:57:59 EST 2006

I had about 5% of all my QSOs with other W/K stations.  18 or so of those Qs were (from my perspective) legitimate as the counted either for W/K as a new zone or and/or a new DXCC country.

And I can certainly understand Rick's concern that being in southern climes, beaming north means you blanket most of the USA with your signal - inviting them to call you.

How about this?  Let's split the bill.  Since Europeans are complaining about the two point North America QSO rule, lets do the following:

QSO with same country and same CQ zone = 0 points
QSO with same country but different CQ zone = 1 point
QSO with different country but same continent (including NA) = 1 point
QSO with different country on different continent = 3 points

Or, maybe we ought to go with the Stew Perry rules...Or maybe we shouldn't do anything since its still the best party in all contesting...

73 Rich NN3W