[CQ-Contest] zero pointers

Chet Moore chetmoore at cox.net
Mon Oct 30 16:15:45 EST 2006

Hi Rick,

You have some "stinkin thinkin" going on here especially the part about not
logging the zero pointers.

It is the CQ WW "DX" contest. Giving points for  US contacts that are not
multipliers  would not be a good thing.   Giving points to US stations for
in country contacts will make it just another "domestic contest"

Its pretty common for us at W3PP to work one of these enthusiastic stateside
newbies in the CQWW or ARRL DX tests to say, thanks, this is the second year
in a row that I got you on 160 thru 15 I'll see you on 10

we also get them wanting to work us on all bands in SS.

Don't hold your breath waiting for  cq to change the rules.

Rick, CHAMPIONS ADJUST !   Put em in the log and move on.  Not  logging zero
pointers  is definitely the WRONG  thing to do.

73

Chet N6ZO