[CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]

VE5ZX ve5zx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 09:57:34 EDT 2006

>I think that  Bob W5OV didn't mean the scientific (pedantic?) chaos you
>have in mind.
>Just the old, simple and common chaos  (mess, havoc, mixup, disorder).

Scientific chaos, deteministic chaos and old, simple common chaos are
indistinguishable in a mathematical sense. The point is that just because
rules are involved does not mean to an observer or a participant that the
process isn't chaotic. In otherwords, chaos created by rules and chaos
created by completely random or stochastic processes can be completely
indistinguishable.

Chaos is chaos :)

However, this is a discussion for another time and another reflector :)