[CQ-Contest] An offer [was: A New Perspective...]

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 19:37:56 EDT 2006

--- VE5ZX <ve5zx at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Eventually, hopefully, a new generation of
> contesters will inhert control of
> the major contests and they update the techniques
> and technologies required
> to make a dream like yours possible.
>
> Until then we all have to dream on!

There may be an opportunity to give the HF contesting
community a taste of the dream even today.

What would folks think of a *simple* (from a rules
perspective) 2-hour, one-band sprint to demonstrate
the concept?  All of the building blocks exist today.
We could call it "the 40-meter Dash" (how's THAT for a
play on words)?

Would the HF community be interested in giving it a
try if someone could put all of the pieces together to
support it?  Think of it simply as a "test flight" for
now.  By actually trying it...even more creative
thought is sure to be had!

Regards,
Ev, W2EV