[CQ-Contest] I shouldnt be complaining but..

lew lew at dsl-only.net
Sun Sep 17 16:07:57 EDT 2006

W4ZW wrote:

>Guess I'm an OOTC, too.
>EGREGIOUS has always meant distinguished or eminent to me.  Guess all that
>"egregious" Latin in my teen years is too blame.
>

>>>     Lew   W7EW/W7AT
>>>     Primary Plaquester for The Boring Amateur Radio Club
>>>

>>Lew--
>>EGREGIOUS in what way?  Or are you using the ARCHAIC meaning of the
>>word?         Didn't realize you were that old, Lew.
>>Gee, I hope to live to be archaic too!     ;-)
>>As Always, John  W0UN
>>
>>EGREGIOUS
>>1.  Extraordinary is some BAD way; glaring; flagrant.
>>2.  ARCHAIC. distinguished or eminent.

       Gentlemen/Ladies/Others,
           Not to vitiate Brother Brosnahan's point, but my use of the
language is apparently archaic, as I was schooled appropriately.  My
physical/mental functioning is not archaic however.  I've been confined
to the narthex of contesting  but am working on a cunning plan to return
to the contesting sudatorium with better frequency.
     73 and I remain,
      Lew    W7EW/W7AT