[CQ-Contest] Pre tuned Hf amps

Scott W3TX superberthaguy at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 24 20:50:04 EDT 2006

I had two auto-tune amps and was never really satisfied with the setup. I
think most people would be very happy, though, with two autotune amps. The
main advantage is "off the shelf technology".

In my next setup I will have seven (7) amps. Six self-made monobanders and
one multibander back-up. Each monoband amp will be engineered for
exceptional signal cleanliness, minimized harmonic production, and ease of
maintenance. One of the best templates available was the amp featured in the
2006 handbook. The main advantage here is building the amp to the specs you
desire. If I were to buy amps instead of build I would consider the
Amerietron AL1200 or AL1500 the cost-effective solution to the problem.

73, Scott W3TX