[CQ-Contest] How About Some Dessert with that CQP Wine ?

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 13 13:20:08 EDT 2007

Don't miss the Georgia QSO Party this weekend. Saturday 1800-0400Z and Sunday 1400-2359Z.

We have worked hard to make this version of the GQP enjoyable for all. We have commitments to have all 159 Georgia counties on the air (a first) with many mobile/rover operations.  We even have some "hired guns" coming in from out of state - NY4N and W3DYA. Regulars like K4BAI and N4PN, who activate lot of counties will also be active.

We are trying to make this year's version enjoyable for everyone by striving to have a high level of activity to keep you interested. In exchange for your hard work we are offering some special prizes
for the stations that work the most GA counties. (in addition to our plaques)

Outside of Georgia
================
1st place - Most GA Counties worked (by a outside of GA Station) -  A box of Elberta peaches from Lane Packing. One of the largest packers in the state. Shipping in late May/June when in season

2nd place - GA Gift Basket

3rd Place - GA Gift Basket

4th Place - One pound bag of GA pecans

5th place - One pound bag of GA pecans

Sometimes being in a border state for a state QSO party is a big disadvantage. Everyone is having fun on 20 meters while those signals from GA are skipping over you. We haven't forgotten about you guys. We have encouraged all our mobiles to try 40 meters from the counties they visit. Also, see the special prize that will be offered to keep you motivated.

Top 5 scores from stations located in one of the 5 states bordering GA - (FL,AL,SC,NC,TN)

 Old Fashioned Brittle -  Good Ole' Fashioned Georgia Pecan and Peanut Brittle

See http://gqp.contesting.com/GQPPrizes2.htm for the rules for these prizes.

73, Jeff  KU8E