[CQ-Contest] GQP Mobile Signal Comparisions

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 16 12:34:07 EDT 2007

    I am looking for reports on how our signal was from K4BAI/m compared to the
  other mobiles in the GQP this weekend. I know N4PN was probably the loudest of the bunch
  because he was running an amp. I believe the rest of us were running 100 watts.

  We tried a new antenna configuration for 20 meters. The antenna was a Hustler 15 meter
  resonator on the MO-2 mast with a DX Engineering Hot-Rodz capacitance hat on it.  It  seems like it
  worked as advertised. The bandwith was much wider than a plain old Hustler RM-20 which
  indicates an improved efficency. On 40 meters we used the MO-2 with the standard RM-40.  I am
  going to  get another Hot-Rodz for a 40 meter antenna before the FQP.

  Have any of you mobile contesters out there tried the Hot-Rodz before. What to you think about it ?

  Jeff KU8E   - K4BAI/m in GQP  and W4AN/m in FQP