[CQ-Contest] CW keying interface (reed relays)

Dave Hachadorian K6LL at ARRL.net
Fri Aug 3 10:49:57 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars at verizon.net>
To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW keying interface (reed relays)

> K6LL mentions: "I think I remember N6TR saying that he is
> now using reed relays ..."
>
> I think I disdained reed relays back in the 1970's when I
> saw that they were rated (as I recall) on the order
> 1-mega-operations mean before failure, and I calculated
> that a single 48 hour DX contest gave roughly one
> mega-operation of the relay.
----------------------------

Here is Tree's posting from the TRLog archives on April 4,
2000. Maybe he will chime in and say if the relays are still
working. I sent him a copy of this posting.
------
I have been using a reed relay from Radio Shack for a few
years
now.  It has held up just fine and I don't worry about what
I plug
into it any more.  They cost 4 or 5 bucks.

Tree
-------

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA