[CQ-Contest] A3S or TH3JR or....a QUAD!

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Mon Aug 27 11:55:52 EDT 2007

I have been using a quad since 1967.  And never looked back!  The first one
was a two element quad made by Gotham (Anyone remember that company?)  And a
snowstorm took that one down the weekend of the ARRL DX cw contest in 1968.
Since then, have used a Gem Quad with great sucess in the contests over the
years.    Only need FR/G to be on "top of the honor roll."  Have a three
element in the air now and have a four element Gem quad in the rafters in
our garage.  Only thing I have every done is use coax matching xfmrs on the
the three driven elements with a remote heathkit antenna swtich.  73 es gud
dx.  Van, K7VS in Medford, Oregon