[CQ-Contest] cheating with packet

KI9A at aol.com KI9A at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 21:30:47 EST 2007

Um, OK. I understand that.

 Really, I do.  No need to send replies to the reflector, AND to  my personal
address...

The point I am making, is, I'm not bashing SO2R, I TOTALLY respect the
skills required to achieve what these guys do. I DO NOT think it should be a
separate class.

Having said that, if you read that at least, my deal is why not take away a
tool that cheaters can use, and make it legal for everyone to use?

-You can't stop post contest log "groomers"

-You can't stop power cheats, whether it is the QRP guy bumping the power  up
a tad to "just bust the pileup" for a rare mult, or the guy that runs his
FT-1000 at 200 watts in the LP class, to the guy who fudges a bit, and lets the
Henry work its way up in HP class. Can't stop that.

--But, you can, however, totally stop packet cheaters. Make it OK for
everyone.

I have entered a bunch of contests assisted the past several years. I find
it more enjoyable. Just as some find it enjoyable manually tuning around. And,
that is fine with me.

But, if you don't like packet ( Hans ), don't use it.

In a message dated 12/11/2007 6:07:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,