[CQ-Contest] How To Deal with Cheaters....

Dennis McAlpine dbmcalpine at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 10:26:03 EST 2007

Bravo, Jeff.

My complaint is not about your actions, which I agree with, but with trying to figure out what would constitute "hard" evidence.  I would think that correlating the times and frequencies these stations were worked with the spots should be sufficient evidence, assuming there was a pattern.  In fact, other than checking the station's computer, what more could you obtain?

Other than formal DQing someone, I would think the only other penalty would be if people were made aware who was doing such a transgression.  And, for that to happen, people shud be aware of who that station was.  I realize the libel laws are rather arcane and could come into play here but there must be some ground in between.  For example, several organizations will state that a formal complaint has been filed against someone and that their nomination, score, etc is under review.  After the review is completed a decision could be announced with the rationale for upholding or turning down the complaint.

Of course, with my vertical, I guess I don't need to worry about such matters.  Now, if there was an "assisted" category in the 10 meter contest, I would not be competing against those real M/S guys.

73,

Dennis, K2SX