[CQ-Contest] cheating with packet

Russell Hill rustyhill at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 13 11:46:12 EST 2007

For me personally, my station QTH is a long way from any power, cable, phone
lines, or any other reasonably convenient access to any sort of internet or
packet info, unless I choose to set up a VHF link, or spend money just to
have internet access.  I have no packet access, nor do I  want it.  My
choice, I know.

So I do not want to be forced to compete against operators who use packet to
get the assistance of other operators.  I agree totally that anyone who uses
packet is a Multi-operator.  IMHO, anyone who uses packet and calls himself
a SO, unassisted, is lying to himself or cheating.

Obviously, if the rules permit packet use by "Single Operators" then it is
not cheating.  But only if the rules explicitly permit it.

73,
Rusty, na5tr

"Just a guy with a radio"  and of course I use a computer, amp, rotator,
antenna, Rigblaster, etc., but absolutely NO ASSISTANCE from any other
operators.  I enjoy the challenge of seeing what I can do by myself!