[CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

Hershel Kreis hkreis at james-city.va.us
Fri Dec 14 00:51:56 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38 at hilding.com>

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

>When Jim and I had our INTENSE personal DX Contest competitions many
years

>ago as guest ops at other stations, if he beat me, I always knew it was
fair

>and square, and when I beat him, likewise.  It?s called Integrity.  I
think

>Major League sports competitions probably operated on the same basis
for

>many years.  However, there is a simple reason why ?Drug Testing? was

>introduced and found its way to the forefront:  ?Cheaters? (steroids).

Very well said, my friend.  It is all about integrity.  Some have it,
but unfortunately many don't.  We can only hope and pray that sponsors
and our fellow contesters will see that this is a problem and a
stumbling block to possibly having greater participation.

73,

Hershel

W4TMN