[CQ-Contest] The Lesser Gods a/k/a SOAB(A)

Frank Hunt zl2br at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 18 06:53:50 EST 2007

Very well said Franki.

Some people may find the following of interest.

1) There are about 30 international contests each year that I try to
participate in. (So far this year I've operated in 20 of them)

2) Of these 30 contests, 10 don't permit packet assistance for SO class but
4 do have a SO-Assisted class

3) The 10 contests that don't permit packet assistance for SO class are:
ARRL RTTY
ARRL DX
ARRL 10m
IARU (ARRL run)
CQ WW CW
CQ WW RTTY
CQ WPX CW
SCC RTTY
SAC CW
Commonwealth

4) Yes 7 of the 10 are ARRL/CQ run contests. Strangely enough the odd man
out is the CQ WPX RTTY, which does permit packet assistance.

5) The other 20 contests that I'm interested in, are all run by non-US
based organisations.

Conclusions?

73, Frank ZL2BR (ZM2B)