[CQ-Contest] Cheating with Packet

DL8MBS prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Sun Dec 23 04:06:26 EST 2007

Tom Rauch wrote:

>If you can't be a winner, be a whiner.

Tom, I think it is unfair to denouce hams as whiners when they discuss
cheating. Like many other small pistols I neither have won anything nor
do I expect to win a contest with my setup. But I am nevertheless very
interested in a fight against cheating (packet being only the more
intensively discussed item besides i.e. power-cheating or more operators
for a SO-entry). As with the most writing here it is not about trying to
get easy personal wins. But at least even with our little share we want
to be part of a competition as honest and fair as possible. Likewise the
majority of hobby-athletes in real sports expect and prefer to
participate in activities oldfashioned and rules-regulated as they are -
for being different to sport-travesties like wrestling-shows. The runner
on rank 83 expects that a top-athlete gets penalized for taking a short
cut - not for his own better ranking but because it is the name of the
fair game.
Best 73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)