[CQ-Contest] The future of Contesting in 10 years

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 1 12:59:32 EST 2007

While I believe that technically, internet based remote contesting might be achievable (seems like delays are an inhibiter right now), I am predicting that the practice would regulated out by the Contest Committees.

I think that the digital embedding of callsign information in our signals may be another frontier that will be available, kicking off another round "assisted vs. unassisted" debate.

SO2R "in a box" is no doubt on the horizon.

I think some other innovative multi-band antennas will be here.

"real time scoreboards" are already here, the question of whether they are adopted is another issue.

I would love to see the output Tonno.  Good Luck.

73

Ed  N1UR