[CQ-Contest] The future of Contesting in 10 years

Marijan Miletic', S56A s56a at bit.si
Sat Feb 3 23:05:39 EST 2007

NM5G: Having two receivers on different bands is SO2R only if the second
band
receiver works on a separate antenna and listens while transmitting on the
first band.

WRTC-2006 saw YT1NT introducing for YT6A an adequate bandpass filtering on 1
kW TX level permitting sharing of tribander on the other two bands for the
second RX!

Main HF problem is fast fading which might be up to 120 dB/sec deep.  Second
problem is random nature of noise on CW.  It is difficult to set amplitude
threshold for signal to symbol detection.  RTTY eliminates noise
uncertainity.

There were repeated milion dollars offers for man-machine chess matches.  I
wonder if some Californian or German contest club might introduce similar
kind of hamradio robot contest chalenge?

I know that lot of money is spent on DX-peditions.  We are the last
knowlegable generation which might preserve Morse code!

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU