[CQ-Contest] J7zeroJ Spots

Bob, W3IDT w3idt at comcast.net
Wed Feb 21 20:36:46 EST 2007

I want to reinforce Dan's comments...
Many of the bad J7zeroJ (and the 4zero1A )spots were likely due to bad
typing.

[BTW I was on a professional committee in the very early 1970's when
attaching keyboards to computers was just getting started.  One of our
recommendations was to reorder the numbers to 0 to 9, in part to move
the 'zero' far from the 'oh' and in part as computer science was moving
to 0-based counting.  Didn't have much impact!]

I still make the 'zero' vs 'oh' typing error fairly often.

Bob, w3idt

. Robert F. Teitel, W3IDT   .
. W3IDT at arrl.net            .
. W3IDT at comcast.net         .